Louis van Coppenhagen is the Director and Principal of Coppenhagen Advice Pty Ltd, which was established in 2014.
The van Coppenhagen family has been providing financial advice in Australia since 1985, when Lin van Coppenhagen and his family moved from Cape Town, South Africa, to Perth. Now based in Melbourne, Louis has been a Financial Adviser in various specialist companies since 2003, fulfilling roles including National Client Services Manager, Life Insurance expert, Self Managed Super Fund specialist, Aged Care specialist and even briefly a Real Estate agent working on investment properties.
Louis has always received fulfillment from improving people’s circumstances through financial advice, and came to realise a passion for helping people at the times of their greatest need and biggest changes, to protect people from unnecessary stress and anxiety which arise from a persons uncertainty when circumstances change. Louis’ experience has formed the belief that any challenge that is prepared for ahead of time will cause a fraction of the stress of an unprepared challenge. This philosophy forms the basis of the Vision and Mission of Coppenhagen Advice.
Louis’ Tertiary qualifications:
- Bachelor of Commerce (University of Western Australia, 2003)
- Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning (Financial Services Institute of Australia, 2005)
- Masters of Finance (Kaplan University, 2014)
Other qualifications and memberships
- Accredited Aged Care Professional
- Member of the Council of the Ageing (COTA)
- Responsible Manager of Adviser Services Pty Ltd AFSL 439 452
- Registered Organisation with Centrelink and Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA)
- Annual professional development, training and education as required by legislation